|Main | Staff | Students | Downloads | Links | Contact us|
2007, Foundation Year
Yusr team comprised 10 staff members and 40 students. 1/9/1427 H. is the first day of this edifice's age. The thought of having Yusr dream come true had been on the founder's mind for long. The founder, Mrs. Aisha Al Otaibi, had ever planned to establish a school with an American curriculum, Islamic perspective, and distinct openness to all people. It had been her plan to work out a school that operates efficiently and abides by the required standards for quality education and performance. The establishment of the very first block of this edifice entailed the emission of the light that is to fill up the globe with knowledge, thought, and development.
2008, Identity Year
Yusr team comprised 20 staff members and 80 students. The first team at Yusr International School, and under the leadership of the founder and General Director, set out to design the first strategic plan for the schools so as the schools would be able to climb up education stairs with quality, international recognition, and continuous development. Thereby, there was intensive care for three aspects that allowed Yusr to excel much of the international schools' norms in Jeddah then.
Curriculum: Yusr laid out the equation of one third to two thirds. This equation filled in the gap between the Arabic, Islamic environment of KSA and the foreign education requirements in general. Accordingly, one third of the curriculum was to include school activities, Arabic language, and Islamic. The other two thirds were to include the American curriculum for English language, sciences, mathematics, chemistry, French language, and computer.
Tools: The school has kept keen eye on catering for students and teachers as they are the niche of the school's leadership team, and as the development and distinction of these two is one measurement for this edifice's development and distinction.
General Outlook: The schools had been keen about having an organizational start that includes distinct organizational, educational hierarchy through which the edifice's leadership runs the mission. This had been parallel to the care for the edifice's logo, name, flag, publications, Yusr's general logo, and its public relations with its students, staff, and the community.
2009, Emergence Year
Yusr team comprised 40 staff members and 200 students. At this stage, Yusr ascended the community's stage in its best outfit, bearing three stars that adorned Jeddah's skies:
Star One: Distinct vision and Mission that lay out new approach to foreign education in a way that is compatible with Yusr's identity and community's beliefs
Star Two: Care for the student and his/her academic achievement in class, school, and home
Star Three: Bolstering the role of the educator through professional development and encouragement
Here, at his stage, Yusr International School's sun witnesed its real rise, thereby encouraging big number of families to retain or reserve seats for their children to share the joy of this distinct education. At this stage too, a big number of distinguished teachers and administrators who serve foreign education started to correspond with Yusr, recruit their expertise for Yusr, and join Yusr's growing body.
2010, Challenge Year
Yusr team comprised 60 staff members and 400 students. At this stage, Yusr International School's administration embarked on developing the edifice holistically, stressing on distinction and the need to address the community's need for leading schools as such. Thenceforth, Yusr catered for:
1. School buildings expansion
2. Nomination for American accreditation
3. Achieving Distinction degree from the Ministry of Education
2011, Development Year
Yusr team comprised 80 staff members and 800 students. It was then when Yusr, with its continual rejuvenation, kept up the race with development and distinction, thereby renewing and improving many school aspects:
1. Reviewing the school's Vision and Mission while keeping the basic principles untouched
2. Renewing the school's slogan in consistency with Yusr's development
3. Renewing the school's organizational being in accordance with the school's needs
4. Achieving the first accreditation from the American organization, NWAC
5. Achieving candidacy status for accreditation from the biggest Accreditation organization, AdvancED
6. Recruiting the expertise of a distinctly professional academic team
7. Adopting SAT and AP curriculum applications
8. Opening up all grade levels in consistency with the school's Vision and international mission
9. Offering social services to social organizations that serve the community
2012, Distinction Year
Yusr team comprised 120 staff members and 1200 students. At this stage, Yusr had been keeping its steady pace towards targeted short term and long term goals. Accordingly, the school body moved to the new facility, which entertains high potentials as regards area allocations, equipment, and scenery. Meantime, academic, administrative, and social strategies were set forth with the same momentum and in the same direction, and so did Yusr have all that it had ever planned for:
1. Full accreditation from AdvancED for five years
2. Class A classification from the Ministry of Education
3. Affiliation with the University of Cambridge to conduct Cambridge ESOL test for students
4. Affiliation with the University of Cambridge to conduct Cambridge BULATS test for staff
5. Achieving the status of national and international examination center
2013, International Recognition Year
Yusr team comprises 250 staff members and 2200 students. Here, Yusr has truly established its reputation for achieving international recognition with power, quality, and determination. In this year, Yusr has
1. Hosted AdvancED Global Conference, first AdvancED conference in KSA
2. Won the nomination of the Ministry of Education to participate in International Exhibition and Forum for Education
3. Achieved affiliation with Universiry of Cambridge
4. Become test center for Mawhiba, a test that the Italian government provides in affiliation with the Saudi Ministry of Education
5. Arranged for common interests with the government of Uzbekistan
6. Established Yusr Academy for languages
7. Signed a contract of agreement with Elite for development and IT management in consistency with workplace requirements and international standards for quality achievement